cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Scam?

Greeny87
Joining in

Received a text from VirginMedia

Hi it’s Virgin Media. To review your pre-contract docs head here: https://ebill2.virginmedia.com…followed by numbers/letters

I haven’t signed up for anything or used my number on anything, when Input my surname in as asked doesn’t proceed past that page, any help please as seems someone is using my phone number or worse

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Legend

When any unexpected message or email arrives, it is good to suspect a scam.

Using the sender number you might be able to see reports on it here : https://who-called.co.uk/

Typically scam SMS are sent to thousands of numbers with no idea if the number exists and not a clue who or what is at the other end.

I can’t do that unfortunately as it just says VirginMedia, no number shown

BD230841-29E0-4167-80F1-50DF28315910.png

Can someone please sort this out? I haven’t signed up for anything! 

Hi Greeny87 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

If you haven't ordered anything with us, this is likely an error with the contact number for another customer.

I will send you a private message now so we can look into this further for you and get any errors corrected.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

If you click on the > next to Virginmedia does it show a number?

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Unfortunately no, and still getting txts saying my kit is going to be delivered tomorrow, and none the wiser as to why my number has been used…

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @Greeny87 on the forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad we were able to find the root cause of this and rectify this.
In some cases, customers or agent may accidentally provide a wrong digit which shows SMS text messages to yourself.
But I am glad we have removed and fixed this.

As always - we're here ready to assist whenever you need us.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

7E30FB59-4C94-46BE-A096-0831B8D0B8CC.png

Hello, 

I am having the same issue can someone please help me? 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Paige12345xx,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I can see you've created a separate post relating to this same issue and one of our team have popped you a private message and is assisting you further with this.

Rest assured, we'll look into this for you thoroughly and continue supporting you via PM.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ