cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephoning Virgin Media

mbic
Joining in

When I phone VM I am asked what ice the 3rd character in my password, is it possible to check what the password is please?

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The whole purpose of the account password is to enable only the authorised party to the account, to gain access.

What I suspect you're asking is.... "I've forgotten my password and want to know how to reset it". In which case, you have 2 options... a telephone agent can ask you alternative security questions that are designed to be answerable by the account holder.

If that fails, a reminder letter can be posted to your home address that allows a full password reset.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, I was asked additional security questions today as my password was incorrect, although I don’t think she understand what I was saying, I certainly had difficulty understanding her. I had to ask her to constantly repeat what she was saying and to slowdown!

The VM contract is due for renewal in June, and I dread having to phone VM.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @mbic,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I can arrange for a password reminder letter to be sent out to you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks

I’ll leave it for now. My current contract finishes on 3rd June. I get a little fed up with VM giving new customers all the perks such as Amazon vouchers and a a £75 bill credit. We just have100Mb broadband and a landline phone

What do us loyal customers get? Price rises. I will be driving VM on price and if they don’t talk ‘notes’ it will be bye bye.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mbic wrote:

What do us loyal customers get? Price rises.

All customers except those on fixed-price contracts, get an annual price rise, "loyalty" has nothing to do with it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

What perks do loyal customers get then? 

I have been with vm since the day of Telewest and Blueyonder Just lately VM’s customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

I am awaiting a reply from VM’ Executive Team about some issues. I have no more to say on the matter

No problem @mbic, please let me know, if you change your mind.

Regards,

Steven_L