cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone number - scammer

Oyster
Up to speed

Someon from this number tried to scam me - saying they were from VM and my account had been compromised.
My exact words to them were "Look, Do not waste my time and I will not waste your time. You are a con man and if you call me again I will report you to the police" He put the phone down.
The number was

[removed]

[MOD EDIT: Number has been removed from this post]

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Oyster wrote:

Someon from this number tried to scam me - saying they were from VM and my account had been compromised.
My exact words to them were "Look, Do not waste my time and I will not waste your time. You are a con man and if you call me again I will report you to the police" He put the phone down.
The number was <snip>

There is not too much point really in reproducing on the forum telephone numbers from caller ID. The fake caller ID will either not exist or may have been cloned from a genuine phone user who is unconnected with the scammers (which is why the moderators have removed it).

There are plenty of number-checking websites for looking up scam numbers. A lookup on the number you posted (before it was removed) showed a rash of complaints about it starting within the last few days, so presumably it has only recently been put into use by the scammers. There is a good chance it will soon disapper out of use as quickly as it appeared (hence no point entering it to any phone handset blocking lists either).