cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWO fraudulent contracts in my name

lineker13
Joining in

I'm hoping somebody can help me please. I recently received a letter in the post stating that my mobile contract was in arrears and needed paying immediately. I am not a Virgin customer, so naturally thought it was a scam letter and threw it in the bin. It was only when I signed up to a credit score site that I noticed that I actually have TWO Virgin mobile accounts registered in my name and to my address, none of which are mine. Both were taken out in September 2020. One account is still active and one is in arrears. Neither contracts have payments that have been withdrawn from my bank account, so I have no idea who is/was paying for them. The account in arrears has affected my credit score and is actually preventing me from remortgaging my home to finish our extension that we're currently having built. I've phoned customer services 3 times and used the WhatsApp facility once, each time being told that the fraud team would contact me, which they haven't. I really need this problem sorted ASAP so we can carry on with our remortgage application. If anyone can help me on how to resolve this, I would be eternally grateful. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @linker13,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you are facing some fraudulent issues

I would love to try and help you with this, I will send you a private message so I can investigate this.

Please look out for a plum envelope at the top right or your page.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley. Thank you for your reply, but I've already had contact with a member of your team and the situation has been resolved. Thanks again.

That's great news lineker13

Sorry again and thanks for the reply 

Gareth_L