Menu
xWHOOSHAx
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Support other than account holder

2 years ago I moved in with my son in law and added a second Box.

however if I have any need to contact support they want to speak with the primary account holder

How can you make this easier

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Support other than account holder

It's all about the Data Protection Act and other relevant laws.  VM's contract is with the Primary Account Holder, they cannot discuss matters relating to the account with other individuals.  It is a bit more complex than that but that's the simple version.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
xWHOOSHAx
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not really a good reason when it’s faults that are being reported.

unfortunatly your engineer that was sent was unable to deal with my fault without changing both TiVo boxes with no guarantee that it would resolve the issue.

you really need to be able to try a new box and revert back to the old box if it does not deal with a problem

or

be able to copy from old to new box

i can’t imagine that I am the only person with this form of problem.

regards

jeff vallis

The bill payer but not the account holder

0 Kudos
Highlighted
shanematthews
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@xWHOOSHAx wrote:

Not really a good reason when it’s faults that are being reported.

unfortunatly your engineer that was sent was unable to deal with my fault without changing both TiVo boxes with no guarantee that it would resolve the issue.

you really need to be able to try a new box and revert back to the old box if it does not deal with a problem

or

be able to copy from old to new box

i can’t imagine that I am the only person with this form of problem.

regards

jeff vallis

The bill payer but not the account holder

"Not really a good reason"

Lawmakers disagree, the data protection act is very clear where it comes to disclosing anything about the account without having spoken to the account holder first, some companies will allow you to add named people on the account, VM is not one of them, but they also aren't required by law to do this, its fairly common sense in this regard

Tudor
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It has to be the account holder for good reasons. What if someone phones up and cancels your services, I think you would then blame VM if they had not verified that the caller was the account holder. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal