cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Hub 1, 2 & 2c Wifi security email. Scam??

Ynotask
Joining in

I received 3 identical emails from Virgin Media <email@em.virginmedia.com> asking me to change my wifi password. Please see below.

They look genuine but I remain sceptical. All emails arrived at the same time. Can anyone please let me know if you have had similar emails and whether there have been any problems?      Thanks.

"Your Virgin Media Hub is the access point to your home network and all the gadgets you use, so it needs proper protection against the growing capabilities of hackers.

Unfortunately, in the face of more skilled hackers, the default WiFi passwords on our Super Hub 1, Super Hub 2 and Super Hub 2ac are no longer as strong as they need to be.

The best way to improve the security of your Hub and WiFi network is to set a stronger password than the default password it came with.

Strengthen your Hub’s WiFi password today

The best passwords are a mix of uppercase, lowercase, numbers and symbols. Ideally, it’ll be 12 or more characters in length, and won’t use any real words.

As an example, ‘Password’ is weak and easy to break. But ‘v!rGiNM3d1A1’ or ‘Z89_!3b2aa43’ are much harder for hackers to crack.

For more help changing your password, use our step-by-step guide  

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta
3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

I believe this is a genuine email advisory from VM. See earlier topic here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/E-mail-22-6-21/m-p/4758147

Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Hi Ynotask,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We're glad to see that goslow was able to assist you. 

^Martin