Spam?

webteam.virgin.media.uy14731zyfvffwh56520@4roues-sous-1parapluie.com

0 Kudos
mamachill
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam?

Yup ! my mother called this morning in a panic as she's received am email from "Virgin" saying her bill hadn't been paid and she would be disconnected on 1st Feb, I went and checked and noticed the address was   webteam.virgin.media.cc99769fljximse8525@jardivrac.com in other words a scam, these crop up regularly  and people just have to stay on their toes. 

0 Kudos
MDSeaver
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Security

webteam.virgin.media.uy14731zyfvffwh56520@4roues-sous-1parapluie.com

Received this today; It is marked Spam?s

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Security

And your point is? Of course it is spam, but in relation to what. We are not mind readers.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
MDSeaver
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming that it is spam - It is titled "Your latest Media bill cannot be processed and then provided request for account details.

I am grateful for your confirmation of spam

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam?

Always worth reading the 'Latest phishing news' posts: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-30-01-2019/m-p/3924165#M3...

MDSeaver
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

For information:  I learned that Norton and Google had dealt with this with courtesy and effectively

0 Kudos
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@MDSeaver wrote:

For information:  I learned that Norton and Google had dealt with this with courtesy and effectively

Interesting. You said in your second post that Virgin Media had marked it as spam so how did Norton and Google 'deal' with it?

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
MDSeaver
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There was a delay and then I received messages that it was marked "spam" - I sent it to phishing@hmrc.gov.uk

0 Kudos