cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of scam calls

Meachman
Just joined

I am getting to the stage where I am going to cancel all 4 virgin cellphones in the household.  

I know it’s difficult for Virgin to block scam calls as they spoof numbers but it’s gone past the point of having a phone as virtually all calls and text messages are scammers.

When I call my friend in the UK his phone requests my name before patching the call through, why can’t we have this????

2 REPLIES 2

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Meachman

It's really disappointing to hear of the calls and messages received, we can understand the frustration this can cause and appreciate you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

As you have mentioned in your post it is difficult for us to block scam calls and messages due to the sophisticated steps these people/companies use to avoid detection, the simplest way is to block the number calling/messaging via the handsets options. You should be able to find this via the manufacturer's website.

If you need support with this please let me know which make and model handset it is and I will find out for you.

Rob

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Meachman wrote:

I am getting to the stage where I am going to cancel all 4 virgin cellphones in the household.  

I know it’s difficult for Virgin to block scam calls as they spoof numbers but it’s gone past the point of having a phone as virtually all calls and text messages are scammers.

When I call my friend in the UK his phone requests my name before patching the call through, why can’t we have this????

From the way you have written this can I assume you are not a Virgin UK customer?
This is a Virgin Media UK forum, for fixed line Broadband, TV & phone customers in the UK only. It is VERY rare that scammers call mobile phones (or cellphones as you call them in the US) here in the UK. I do not know why this is, as these calls cannot be blocked by providers in the same way as landline calls cannot. Your friend in the UK is using a call filtering device on their landline phone. This is something you buy separately & is not provided by the phone company. You then set this equipment up to filter calls based in the information you give it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks