cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security

Tomanyissues
Tuning in

I keep being told I've got malware, gamut, on a device using my WiFi....yet I've scanned my computer and phones using Norton 360 and sky scanner and nothing has been found...I have a firestick and firecube...I haven't scanned these...anyone got any ideas...

9 REPLIES 9

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tomanyissues,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, have you removed the 2 devices not checked to see if you are still getting the same message?

Regards

Paul.

My phone's and firesticks/firecube are always connected....I can only assume it's my computer...but everytime I go on it I ru a scan and it says nothing found 🤷 

I would also add that both fire stick/cube are used with a VPN...as are my phone's...and computer...but when I got the last "gamut" security message my daughter was on the computer printing things for work and didn't have the VPN on...

Hi there @Tomanyissues 

Thank you so much for your update. 

Where exactly do you see this error message and how is this effecting your service? 

Thank you again. 

Hi Ashleigh it doesn't seem to be affecting my device I just get emails and letters from virgin saying malware has been detected

Screenshot_20**:**:**:**:**:**-925_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Hi Ashleigh, it doesn't seem to affect my computer...virgin send me emails and letters saying they have detected malware on my system

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If you have followed the steps outlaid in the email to do the scans etc and nothing has been found - I would continue to use the service as normal. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

But virgin now saying they may start to block my emails🤷

Hi @Tomanyissues thanks for your further reply.

Regarding emails being blocked, is this from either a NTLworld.com or Virginmedia.com email address? If so, please kindly reset your password on these email addresses to a brand new and unused password - this will help with any potential breach on the email address too and stop this being blocked.

Many thanks

Tom_W