kward111
Tuning in

Hi how do I change my settings to connect my camera 

10 REPLIES 10

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@kward111 wrote:

Hi how do I change my settings to connect my camera 

You'll get better help in the 'Networking and WiFi' forum rather than 'Security matters' on how to setup a camera (although you might need to expand a bit on your single line post above, such as what kind of camera are you trying to connect, what have you tried so far, what problems/error messages have you encountered etc. etc.?)

Hi kward111,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

As goslow has advised, are you able to give us some more information on what you're trying to do?

Alex_Rm

Trying to turn my filters off or something this all new to me 

Screenshot_20220324-215958_Gallery.jpg

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Well, Wansview appears to be a camera manufacturer

https://www.wansview.com/index.aspx

but that screenshot message is of no real use as it doesn't make any sense at all.

I'd suggest you re-post your query in the 'Networking and Wifi' forum

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/bd-p/Wireless

where there are a lot of networking experts who may be able to help.

You'll need to provide more detail though in your posts to get any useful help such as what model of Wansview camera are you using, is it wired or wireless, what have you tried so far to set it up, what problems have you encountered, what error messages have you received?

The more info you can provide, the more likely it is that someone will be able to help.

Good Morning @kward111, and thanks for your posts.

Are you able to provide answers to the questions posted by @goslow, to allow us a little more insight?

Have you possibly been able to have this resolved elsewhere?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I am not good Internet things I don't know what to do my camera is wired also it connected to my last broadband 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you are not easily able to make changes yourself, it will be hard for anyone to describe in detail how to set up the cameras.

If your cameras were connected to your old broadband, then they may be configured with a different IP address range to the VM hub.

Who set up your cameras in the first place? Would they be able to come and get them working for you on your new VM setup? Failing that, a tech from a reputable local computer shop would probably be able to do the setup for you via a home visit, if they offer that service.

They where just plug in connect to WiFi an go but now I can't get it to connect 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

OK, well how did you connect them to wi-fi previously (via a web page or via an app on a phone or tablet)?

Since you have got a new router from VM, the wireless cameras will need to be reconnected to the new VM router's wireless SSID/network name (which will be printed on the bottom of the hub, VM####### where # is a digit and using the wifi password on the bottom of the hub). Have you gone through that bit of the process and not succeeded?