Menu
Imact
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Security e-mail regarding billing update

Received e-mail today regarding updating my billing details failure to do so will result in disconnection of my services 

"This is a Security Alert.

Your account and services are scheduled for disconnection on 13 June 2019. 
You must update your billing information immediately in order to avoid any interruption to your services"

Has anyone else received this?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Security e-mail regarding billing update

Loads - it is, of course, a scam. Delete and forget.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Many people will have received something similar, it's a scam, just delete and ignore it.

In the email there will be a link, if you were to click on it you would be taken to what appears to be a legitimate VM website, it actually isn't, it's a fake one which you could (if you were observant) tell by looking at the URL in the address bar. There will be boxes asking you to enter your bank details etc. at at the end it would say something like 'Sucessfully verified' and bounce you back to the legitimate VM website.

Meanwhile the people behind it are busily emptying out your bank account using the details you have so thoughtfully provided to them.

Tudor
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I feel very left out! I have never ever had any of these types of email. I believe the real reason for is that I have always had my own domain and Email address for years and never ever used the default VM email address. I would strongly recommend everyone to get a non ISP email address. It costs very little or is even free if you have any Apple device.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good Morning Imact,

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to our Community Forum!

Sorry to see you've received this E-Mail and the distress this may have caused you.

It would be worth giving this link a little read to see how we help customers when it comes to scam E-Mails

Kind regards,

David_Bn