Menu
berryman1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Security Status of Virgin media change router settings address

I am trying to change my router and wifi passwords. When I enter my IP address from my router into my browsers address my browser (which is Microsoft Edge, but Chrome says the same) says the site is not secure !

Does anyone else have this problem. I am not sure if my browsers are being over protective or if this is not properly secured by virgin media. I dont want to change my passwords if someone can hack into my passwords etc,  and this could be a problem for other Virgin Media customers.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Security Status of Virgin media change router settings address

its safe. you are accessing a local device on your local network. You can't secure such devices with signed SSL
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nothing to worry about.  The settings page that you access via 192.168.0.1 is entirely within your local network.  Your browser is giving you the warning as it isn't a Https address, but in this case that is not a security issue as you are accessing a local page on your Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
berryman1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your advice which was helpful.

0 Kudos