cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secret Password

MrsM1
Tuning in

Hi

How do I reset my secret password for when I call etc.

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You call in to VM, pass security using your existing password and then ask the agent to change it.

Or are you asking, "I've forgotten my password and not sure how to change it"? in which case the answer is one of two options..

1: Call into VM as per, and then explain your predicament to the agent. They can ask alternate questions to verify your identity, which are designed to be answerable by the genuine account holder. If no joy, they can post a reminder letter to your home address.

2: Wait on this forum for VM staff to respond, this may take a couple of days. The reminder letter can be posted out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mrs M1, thank you for getting in touch. 

Thanks to Japitts for offering some support! They are completely correct, you can either do this via phone or I can send you a PM to arrange this for you. In both instances you will need to pass account security before we can update the password for you! We can also send a reminder letter to you if you would prefer. 

I will send you a PM to confirm a few details and get this sorted. You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 
All the best!

Molly

Hi all, thanks to Mrs M1 for PMing with me. 

Changing the account memorable word is an account holder only action, and so the account holder must be present, have passed DPA and given their consent to do so. 

You can do this via phone by calling 0345 454 1111 or 150 from a Virgin Landline. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can offer support with! All the best. 

Molly