cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam or not ?

frogman9
On our wavelength

Just had a phone call from 0207******* claiming to be Virgin media .....is this a Virgin contact number ? Or as I suspected a scam.

[MOD EDIT: Number removed]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your response @frogman9 and yes it does sound like a scam call, we have some ways to help combat such calls and that can be found here.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @frogman9,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm sorry to hear of your experience and possibly being on the end of scam call, please could you send the number over to me via private message and I will be able to get this checked for you.

Also, what was the call regarding?

Regards,

Steven_L

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@frogman9 wrote:

Just had a phone call from 0207******* claiming to be Virgin media .....is this a Virgin contact number ? Or as I suspected a scam.

[MOD EDIT: Number removed]

If they were offering to fix 'technical problems' or 'errors' with your router, then it was a scam. Whatever the number shown, the caller ID is open to being faked/spoofed so you can place no reliance on the caller ID number alone to identify who is calling.

frogman9
On our wavelength

The number on the phone display didn't match the number I got when I dialed 1471 ....so I'm assuming it's a scam...

Thanks for your response @frogman9 and yes it does sound like a scam call, we have some ways to help combat such calls and that can be found here.

Regards,

Steven_L