Menu
pleleu937
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Scam call??

Good day, 

I contacted Virgin Media yesterday (11.02.21) asking how to deal with moving my package to a new property. the agent said that he's going to check if the service and necessary cables was a the new property by sending someone there and that I'll get a call back in a few weeks. 

that same evening, I received a phone call from a person claiming to be from Virgin Media, asking the details of my current property and future one as well as which package would I go for in the new property and my account details and sort code (which I didn't give). I've looked the phone number online and it looked genuine and based in the UK but I really find it weird to be asked for account details over the phone (when I said I would not give them, he asked if I was a Virgin Media customer, obviously I said yes and he said why have I not told him before...). 

Has anyone faced the same call and is there a risk as I gave my current and future address? 

thank you

Phil

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam call??

Hi pleleu937, 

Thank you for your post. 

I can appreciate in this day and age why you would be vigilant - as everyone should be. The experience should have been better and handled better it seems. We are able to ask for account information to pass security to gain access to the account. Have you heard from the team since? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
manbearpig19
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I just went through the same thing, received a call regarding a house move I had submitted details about on the Virgin website a few days ago. Is it possible to confirm it was from an actual Virgin member of staff?  I asked him to send me an email from his account to verify who he was, which he did and allayed my fears at the time. I'm now feeling a little unsure and would like some reassurance.

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I will send you over a private message to take some details so I can confirm for you if that's okay? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
manbearpig19
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes please, Ryan, just to have peace of mind.

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all - just to make you aware in the private message I do have to confirm account details 🙂 

Cheers. 

0 Kudos