cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam call?

Mw1970
Joining in

Just answered a call from this number, very possibly a scam as the operator had no idea whatsoever we were already virgin mobile customers despite knowing we had selected 100mps broadband only

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mw1970,

Thanks for raising your concern and welcome to the community!

Sorry for any confusion with this, can I ask what was advised on the call?

Thanks,

Kain

Hi Kain.

The lady was trying to get me to upgrade to m200 and constantly tried to get me a new O2 sim card despite me already saying we had just switched to Virgin, she was offering m200, phone line, TV and O2 all for £27.99 a month. And disney plus as well

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there, although I will admit our team can contact our customer with regard to a new sale.

Have you received any callbacks since?

Thanks,

Kain

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Mw1970 wrote:

Hi Kain.

The lady was trying to get me to upgrade to m200 and constantly tried to get me a new O2 sim card despite me already saying we had just switched to Virgin, she was offering m200, phone line, TV and O2 all for £27.99 a month. And disney plus as well

There have been past mentions on here from new customers signing up for one deal, then soon after getting a call from VM sales to try to get them onto to a bigger/better/faster package. Sounds like a VM attempt at a bit of fast upselling. If you don't want to receive further marketing from VM, use the marketing opt-out in 'My Virgin Media', sign up with TPS and block any further incoming VM sales numbers.

Hi Mw1970, thanks for getting back to us.

Have you followed the advice of @goslow ?  Whom I thank for their excellent advice.  Without accessing your account, I could not tell if it was one of our outbound sales teams.  I am really sorry if it was.  I do know the Disney+ thing may be linked to the O2 side of any package, as Virgin Media do not currently have a deal in place with Disney+.  If you do update your marketing preferences on your online account, or indeed if you want me to help you do that from here, please allow up 28 days for this to be fully effective. 

Regards

Lee_R