Menu
delphine34
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Scam call from 01210383104 ?

Hi, had a call at 10.30am from 0121 0383104 from an gentleman with an Indian accent who said he was calling from Virgin and asked me if i was in front of a computer. I said it wasn't a convenient time to call and could he call back at 6pm. He said it would be too late and my internet would be cut off by then.

I think this is a scam or legitimate, can someone please confirm?

I ask because we've had recent issues and warnings as our first bill has been produced and as it's 2 months plus activaiton fee has taken us over our credit cap. THat is an issue for another post, but I'm absolutely furious the way we have been treated as new customers. Is there a forum for billing and account issues?

I had my vigin mobile cut off yesterday and spent 2 hours trying to get through to the call centre. If it is a scam I would suggest that staff in the Indian call centres are passing along customers information because there's no other way they could have got our landline and known we were with Virgin.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam call from 01210383104 ?

Certainly a scammer who is likely spoofing the caller ID; as for the other issues raised you will need to wait for a forum team member's response.

FYI: if the scammer did not identifying you by name then it is just as likely they are cycling through a range of numbers to see who bites.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi delphine34,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I am sorry you have had issues with your first bill and been receiving phishing calls.

In regards to the calls we do not give out your detail, in answer to your question , how do they know we are with Virgin, call as say this on the chance you are, there has been numerous some say your with BT and Sky etc.

In regards to your billing issue, have you managed to speak to our cosomer care team?

Kind regards

Paul. 

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The number appears to originate in Birmingham (it doesn't).  However, if you were in that locality dialling 038 3104 wouldn't work.  That is one way of spotting a fake number.  It's the same with any other large city 4 digit area code. (01X1) 0XX XXXX won't work either.  They've tried to pass it off as a 5 digit area code which is a common mistake.😐

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
0 Kudos