cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP vulnerability

Rachubka20
Joining in

Hi - I’ve received multiple emails to say that a device on my network has a potential SNMP vulnerability, and I need to find out why. Wondering whether this could be caused by having a VPN on one of our devices, which allows files to be shared with someone abroad?

thanks for your help

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you viewed the VM help page below?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/snmp-vulnerability-alert

If you have questions about the setup and configuration of your network, you'll be more likely to get useful answers in the 'Networking and WiFi' forum where there are a lot of networking experts who might be able to advise

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is unlikely use of a VPN triggered the SNMP vulnerability notice.

If you are unable to scan your public IP Address using the snmpget (or similar) command, see Open SNMP Report, then either review the security of devices that provide SNMP service within your home network (for example network attached storage, network printer, etc.) or use Hub's port forward feature to block such scans, see mDNS and SSDP vulnerabilities a suggestion for devices in the DMZ — for SNMP forward port 161 UDP

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rachubka20

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Are you able to confirm if the issue is resolved after following the above advice from our very helpful forum members?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs