Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SCAM Phone Call

Just had a phone call from a mobile number- an Edward Thomas from Virgin Media Direct who asked for the answers to my security questions- I hung up.

Can I send the mobile number and email to someone for this to be looked into?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SCAM Phone Call

Hi Cshasby, thanks for getting in touch.

We appreciate you being vigilant. Please send me a PM confirming the relevant details and I'll ensure it's fed back appropriately.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Cshasby wrote:

Just had a phone call from a mobile number- an Edward Thomas from Virgin Media Direct who asked for the answers to my security questions- I hung up.

Can I send the mobile number and email to someone for this to be looked into?

Why do you think this was a scam?

I spoke to Virgin on Saturday and I received a call from this very person this afternoon. He knew all the details of my previous discussion and didn’t take any sensitive information like payment details etc. He advised me that he was calling from the same place - Virgin Media Direct - specifically retentions. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ps1983ps1983

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you had a similar call to another customer regarding your package details. We know this can make you question if it was an actual genuine call.

Well the good news Paul is the email Edward has given you does appear on our internal email when I have just entered the address given, but for me to access you're account and check the deal you were offered I would need to pass security with you first.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos