cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return equipment email

Jr_1990
Tuning in

Hi,

Today I received an email from the following email address eq-rtns-noreply@virginmedia.co.uk
Telling me I need to return my Hub to avoid having a £40 charge on my account

I closed my original virgin media account in late February 2022 approximately. At this point I sent all my equipment back to virgin (2 tv set top box's and the Hub)

I have since rejoined virgin (last 3 months) and only have broadband with them. They posted a new hub out to me to use.

I have called virgin this morning and they cannot see the email that has been sent to me, and have confirmed that my original account was successfully closed and they had received the returned equipment.

Is the email I received today genuine or a scam?
Please help.

Many thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Jr_1990 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have been facing these issues regarding returning your Hub. I'd be happy to check this for you. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jr_1990 

Unless that's a typo " viringmedia" does not exist - it would be virginmedia

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Apologies Dave, it was a typo.

The address is eq-rtns-noreply@virginmedia.co.uk

Anonymous
Not applicable

After being on the phone to virgin media, they were not able to tell me anything other than no email correspondence has been sent out / and no equipment is missing.

Is it possible for someone to get in touch with me in regards to this email?

Hi there @Jr_1990 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have been facing these issues regarding returning your Hub. I'd be happy to check this for you. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Got the same problem. Got a replacement router and obviously the engineer took the old one with him but surprise surprise, I am now getting emails and texts wanting equipment back. Lost count over the last 20 years how many times I have had this. Please sort it out. [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

davyandjane
Tuning in

Please confirm you received the old router back.

Hi Davyandjane 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see you are still getting notifications of the router not being sent back ☹.

So I can look into this, I will have to private message you. 

Please watch out for the envelope  ✉.

Thank you.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide