cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset ny ntlworld password

Trevd62
Joining in

Hi my daughter was speaking to someone regarding trying to reset a password on my ntlworld email address as it doesn’t recognise it when I use the forgotten password link. Is anyone available to help. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Trevd62 wrote:

trying to reset a password on my ntlworld email address as it doesn’t recognise it when I use the forgotten password link.

The first thing to say is that if the Forgotten Password link does not recognise your email address it is not going to be a straight forward one to resolve because it usually means that the email account has been, or is in the process of being, deleted by Virgin Media. That's often because the email account is no longer linked to a line VM broadband account and so VM have deleted the email account. (When a VM broadband account is terminated VM should delete all email accounts linked to it 90 days later. In reality they often take years before they get round to it.)

Did you daughter get given a "ticket number" by the VM support staff? If so, that means that the VM person she spoke to was unable to resolve the problem and had to pass it on to the relevant VM technical team for investigation.

If a ticket has been raised, you or she will have to wait until the technical team report back.

If you or your daughter are still VM broadband customers, the  Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) should be able to assist.

In the event there is not live VM broadband account then I am sorry to say there is little that VM staff can do to help.

One of the Team will be contacting you via this forum thread. In fact,  I held off replying earlier hoping they would contact you today.

However, if you can post back to confirm that there is a live VM broadband account in the background I will happily escalate your post to the Forum Team to get it moved up the queue,

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Trevd62 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the mishap with your email password.

Glad to hear you've now managed to speak to my colleague to have this sorted, be sure to contact us if you ever require any further assistance. Have a great day

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs