cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested 5 times, but never received my Secret Password for support on the phone

SaraSAN
Tuning in

Hello,

In 2021 I had to call the customer service due to some problems we were having with the installation of the hub and it was difficult to get through an agent as the "secret password" was wrong. I have no idea what this secret password is, but it's impossible to speak to the support team without it.

They said they would send it to me via post. Never received anything. I called again and requested it 3 more times over the phone for a total of 4 times in 2021. Never received anything.

Recently (2022), I called them again to request it and complained about it, they said they will send it to me. Again, nothing.

They only seem to be good at sending letters to tell you they have increased the price of your broadband, but never help you with anything and never sent me this password.

I need this password to talk to someone as my contract is coming to an end soon and I will need to talk to someone and they don't seem to even want to talk to me without this password.

I am honestly tired. It's 2022 and still no password. I am considering going down a legal route somehow if this means being able to get this password and talk to someone.

Any advices?

Many thanks,

Sara

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Sara,

The security password is the memorable word you set up when you first joined VM and should be in your original documentation.

It's generally something along the lines of mothers maiden name, place of birth, favourite pets name etc. 

The agents can ask different questions (usually account related so ideally you have access to your most recent bills) to verify you as the account holder instead of the security password (memorable word). It sounds like they have done this in the past if they agreed to send out the password in the post. 

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two and help.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, they did use other ways to identify me to send the password, but they keep saying that I need to wait for the password to arrive and then I can call them again to discuss my "problems". Either I am unlucky with the agents I keep getting or they do this on purpose.

I don't have anything like that in my documentation and wasn't asked about it when I registered. I keep track of every password (including memorable answers) for all websites. Talking to other friends, they said the same thing, but they all received this password eventually when they complained, but I have never received it as they promised when I requested a 'new' one.

Thanks,

Sara

Hi Sara, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue getting your memorable word in the post. I can certainly get this arranged for you. 

If we can pass data protection then I can just reset it for you instead. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Sara, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. I'm glad things are resolved for you now. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know so we can help further.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your day. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs