Menu
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Repeated phone calls from Virgin - or are they spam?

I keep getting calls on my mobile from +447999085982 which Trucaller recognises as spam calls from Del Bartle. I decided to answer one just to waste their time and tell them where to go and the person on the other end said they wanted to talk about my account. I said what account to which they replied 'your Virgin account'. They said they wanted to go through my account to see if they could save me money. I said I wasn't interested and hung up. They sounded Indian, not the normal Phillipino so I'm just wondering if anyone knows if this was legit or spam. It seems strange coming from an English mobile number when these calls are from overseas call centres.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repeated phone calls from Virgin - or are they spam?

Never, never, never rely on caller Id, it’s so easy to spoof.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi C_J_W, 

Thanks for your post. 

Usually our Outbound teams will call customers from a Landline number but there are a few rare occasions where they use company mobiles. 

If you are ever unsure then ask them to save the details on your account as notes and then you can call us back 🙂 

Alternatively if you'd rather not receive these calls, let me know and I can get these stopped. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath. Thanks for your reply and yes, I'd like the calls to stop if you can arrange it please – I seem to be getting 3 or 4 a week at the moment which I now reject after having answering a couple of them. If I did want to do a deal then rather than being cold called I would prefer to ring in and speak to someone with better English than the two I have spoken to (no offence intended but unfortunately they don't seem to be the easiest to understand).

Thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

... Alternatively if you'd rather not receive these calls, let me know and I can get these stopped ...

I f you can stop them... why don't you provide an option on the website account to 'opt-out' ??

Thus saving : wasting my time ... your time!!

If there is one already .. Please supply a link to the page!

… ZvnK ...

PS Maybe making all these unsolicited calls is why it's a very very long wait to get the phone answered when some-one does try and phone in???

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Anonymous wrote:

... Alternatively if you'd rather not receive these calls, let me know and I can get these stopped ...

I f you can stop them... why don't you provide an option on the website account to 'opt-out' ??

Thus saving : wasting my time ... your time!!

If there is one already .. Please supply a link to the page!

… ZvnK ...

PS Maybe making all these unsolicited calls is why it's a very very long wait to get the phone answered when some-one does try and phone in???

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Teabag - all done. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me on this C_J_W. 

I can see from your recent post you have logged in to your account to change your preferences. 

Please be aware once this has updated it can take up to 6 weeks to stop the calls from coming through. This is due to pre-loaded campaigns and offers having already pulled the data we need to arrange for the calls to our customers which do not update with the account preferences once they are in use. Once that 6 week time-frame has elapsed all current campaigns and drives should have finished and all new ones will have your updated preferences preventing them from calling you.
If you have any further issues, come back and let me know.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
C_J_W
Dialled in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Let's hope it's less than 6 weeks – I had two calls on Weds and two yesterday. So far only one today but it is only 3.40pm!!

0 Kudos
Moogera
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have posted about this too yesterday it's been going on for a few weeks,today nothing so it appears to have stopped after I answered the call from the VM rep

0 Kudos