Menu
Kimshine
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Refund cheque

I recently closed my account, but since been married. I have received my cheque for the money owed to me but it is in my maiden name. How can I get this one cancelled and new one sent to me in my current name? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refund cheque

cannot answer your question but would add the comment that i believe the bank will accept it if you present it with a copy of your marriage certificate

Tony
0 Kudos
Kimshine
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I tried that but the bank refused saying when it goes to head office they won’t put it through and that I need another cheque sent out to me in my new married name. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ok - i think you are going to struggle on this one and not sure staff here can help but lets ask 

@ModTeam - can someone add some help on this

Tony
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Kimshine,

Thanks for your post on our Forums and a very warm welcome to you! I hope that married life is treat you and you husband well.

To request the cheque payment is reissued in a different name, just write us a letter with the account holder’s signature, details of the new name the cheque should be made out to and the original un-cashed cheque with the incorrect name on it. You’ll receive your amended cheque within 30 days of the date you post the letter.

I would also advise sending a copy of your marriage certificate if possible, just to be that little more vigilant. 

The address you’ll need to send the cheque to is;

Virgin Media Payments LTD

Payments

Virgin Media

Unit 1 – 12 Mayfair Business Park

Broad Land

Bradford

BD4 8PW

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos