cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received an email from Virgin about fraud and it has made me suspicious

YaBoi69
On our wavelength

Today I received what does appear to be a legitimate email from Virgin regarding fraud and scammers, titled "(my name), keep your personal info safe" and from the address "email@em.virginmedia.com". 

The email begins with "Thanks for getting in touch about your concerns around fraud.", and this is where I have a problem. I don't remember ever getting in touch with Virgin about any concerns around fraud. So it looks to me like somebody else is communicating with Virgin and pretending to be me, and if Virgin have been able to identify me from that communication then whoever it is clearly has some of my info and has provided it to Virgin so that they can identify my account.

I need to know when this communication occurred, what it was regarding, from which number/email address, what info they had, and what accent they had (I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume some kind of Hindi/Urdu accent).

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta
3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Read this from earlier this week

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Email-security-email-em-virginmedia-com/td-p/4...

Just another mangled bit of VM mis-communication!

YaBoi69
On our wavelength
Ahh right, that puts my mind at ease then. Thanks!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Ironically the email which was meant to reassure customers about online safety and security was written and sent out in such a way that it actually made customers concerned about online safety and security! Top marks VM!