cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a Virgin Media Bill but I am not a customer

BigButster5
Joining in

Dear all 

I received an email advising me of my latest virgin media bill, the only problem is that I am not a customer.  I have rung 0345 454 1111 three times in the past three days to advise them of this.

The first time i got though and was advised to contact the fraud prevention team and given an email address.  This email address did not work and got bounced back as undeliverable.

I called again this morning at 815am and was told I needed to be put through to the fraud prevention team which the agent duly did.  However they do not open until 9am so I got a recorded message advising me of this and promptly disconnected.

I just spoke to someone again, who would not give the correct email address for the fraud prevention team nor would he transfer me.  He advised me "he was not allowed to".  I understand that my account details do not match the details on record as I am not the account holder, and I accept that no details about the account can be shared with me.  But surely I have the right to report a fraudulent transaction.   In fairness the agent did take my mobile number and said he would pass the message on.  However, as I live in Australia but still have a UK bank account, calling me will be problematic.

Aside from calling again I am at a loss as to what to do.  Can anyone please advise?

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @BigButster5,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you and for the experience that you've had trying to get this reported to us. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @BigButster5,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you and for the experience that you've had trying to get this reported to us. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Hi Steven

just responded.  Many thanks