cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: virgin media is blocking my website

Damien123
Joining in

Hi,

I have same issue, my website is being blocked by VM even though there is barely any content there, as VM blocked it in a way that I lost access to admin page just after few hours which is super annoying. 

I am receiving message: 

Look out! Your Virgin Media Virus Safe settings have blocked this site

website is: thewayofamos.com

I would appreciate any help or advice. 

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Damien123 

Your site isn't being blocked by VM.

It's showing as under development. The domain was only registered 4 days ago.

Is the site in maintenance mode awaiting publication?

amosamos

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@newapollo The site is being blocked by Virus Safe for me the same as it is for@Damien123 

Looks like Bitdefender and one other has marked it as containing malware:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/fe8d336898a0dfdbeaf96bed901dd9a680ebb5531d9f7b5b5cdd718c7a471ce9

@Damien123 I suggest you contact Bitdefender, you can report a false positive to Bitdefender here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/29358/

My setup: VM TV 360 box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply @SCA1972

I have contacted Bitdefender and all is green when you check your first link, and yet the page is still not opening. Any tips?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virus Safe is still blocking access but for reasons unknown its warning page is not being displayed; see your web browser's console messages to confirm.

If you are a Virgin Media customer report possible false positive here Report a website or emailing websafefeedback@​virginmedia.co.uk

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Damien123 wrote:

Thank you for your reply @SCA1972

I have contacted Bitdefender and all is green when you check your first link, and yet the page is still not opening. Any tips?

What is your site meant to be showing at the moment?

If I follow your link at #1, no prefix, (using a BT connection) I get a blank page with a message on the browser tab (Chrome) that 'This site is under development'

If I prefix the URL with www I get the 'Your connection is not private' error message NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID (and it looks as if it is attempting to redirect to https)

This server could not prove that it is <www.thewayofamos.com> ; its security certificate is from *.bizland.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

You seem to have some sort of SSL issue along the way here.