cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: virgin media is blocking my website

Geo3
Joining in

Hey, my site is also being blocked not sure why.

here’s the url https://www.weareaube.com

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Geo3,

It's working fine on my desktop and mobile using a VM connection.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Geo3
Joining in

that’s strange it doesn’t work for me and at around 3 other people I’ve asked to test on VM7C1399C6-116D-4342-A782-04DDBB1C5AA2.png

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media's Web Safe service (namely Virus Safe) is blocking access and they are not alone; Cloudflare and BT are doing the same along with FortiGuard.

If you are a Virgin Media customer and believe it is a false positive:

• report it here Report a website
  • otherwise try emailing websafefeedback@​virginmedia.co.uk

NB be aware that some security vendors will not de-list until they have confidence the site is secured and no longer a threat to their customers; this maybe achieved by the passing of time without further malware detections.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks I have contacted the email and will see what they say.

Do you know whether this could have been cause by a malware detection on another site on the same server? As there seems to be no presence of malware on our website.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Geo3 wrote:

Do you know whether this could have been cause by a malware detection on another site on the same server? As there seems to be no presence of malware on our website.

Unfortunately I do not know but it is unlikely given any detection of malware should be against a resource within your domain; what exactly I do not know

BTW consider going to https://radar.cloudflare.com/categorization-feedback/weareaube.com, deselecting the Malware tag and submitting for review.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Geo3

Thanks for your post 

Can I just ask how things are looking right now 

Are you still getting the same issue with the website 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

yes it is still not working.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Geo3, 

I have been able to access your site using both virgin media and virgin mobile. Any customer experiencing this needs to reach out to us. 

Zoie

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just tried to access the site and it was blocked by Malwarebytes due to a Trojan.  So that is another company that thinks your site is unsafe.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks