Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Websafe not working

jeremyspeed
Joining in

Hi 

I have the same problem

websafe is not filtering any content set to be blocked by it. have done DNS leak Hostname is none

also did the 1.1.1.1 and the AS name is MTS PJSC

How do I reset what ever it is i need to reset to get this working?

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your Virgin Media Hub is in modem mode then make sure your third-party router is configured to use Virgin Media's DNS at 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100. Otherwise check the device on which you ran the test to confirm DNS settings have not been manually set.

Also, when you ran the DNS Leak Test what did it report your ISP as; only asking because the AS Name MTS PJSC is unexpected.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hey @jeremyspeed,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm really sorry to hear of your issues with websafe, has the advice from @用心棒, helped you to resolve the issues that you're having? 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Thanks

The leak test showed Google and google servers as my ISP

I have custom set the DNS settings to those you shared and this seems to have worked (websafe now working).

I have rerun the 1.1.1.1 and the AS Name is now Google servers and AS number has now changed, so hopefully thats as it should be?

Thanks for help.

REgards

Jeremy

Is everything now running as it should be jeremyspeed?

^Martin

yes this is working now thanks

That's great to hear @jeremyspeed

Thank you for the update. 

Please let us know if there is anything further we can help with. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide