Menu
Highlighted
ALF28
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Private stats

The profile private stats list ip address and computer details, is this private or can it be seen by others or if hacked.I have never seen this before and was alarmed to see that, normally only the region is given that accessed login as in most email accounts like Microsoft etc, not details of ip address,although most web sites know your ip address to see it listed is unusual. I can plainly see my computer and ip adress listed in private stats when logged in.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Private stats

its private. only you can see it

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
ALF28
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Security

The profile private stats list ip address and computer details, is this private or can it be seen by others or if hacked.I have never seen this before and was alarmed to see that, normally only the region is given that accessed login as in most email accounts like Microsoft etc, not details of ip address,although most web sites know your ip address to see it listed is unusual. I can plainly see my computer and ip adress listed in private stats when logged in.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Security

Hello

If your logged in and check your own profile thats what it will show but if you check my profile then you will not see the same information, as the data like IP is private.

Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Security

Go to Edit profile, Personal information and scroll to bottom of web page to delete the data.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos