cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Scam: Fault within Home

Hasbulla
On our wavelength

Hello, 

A few months back some people claiming to be Virgin Media (No identification) asked to visit my parent's home as they had located a fault inside the home.. This week my parents received a call claiming to be Virgin Media, but no DPA was requested etc again stating that they need to visit as a fault had been identified within their home. 

Is there any way to check the legitimacy of this? I have tried to call but I cannot get through.

Many thanks Hasbulla x

9 REPLIES 9

Anankha
Problem sorter

Did the caller leave a number? If so then you can check via this site on whether it was a genuine call:
https://who-called.co.uk

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Hasbulla
On our wavelength

My Dad didn’t take note of the number, rather annoyingly. 

ideally if someone could check the account I am sure we can find out if this was legit or not. 

Thanks for your reply though 🙌🏻

regards Hasbulla 

Should there be a next time then he can save/write down the number & check it via that link.

Hasbulla
On our wavelength

The last call on the landline was them, checked and it’s  mobile number. 

Making me think it’s a scam, hopefully a check of the account can confirm. 

VM do use mobile numbers when working from home. Hopefully support can confirm if the number is genuine or not.

Hasbulla
On our wavelength

Thanks 🙂

Hi there ~Hasbulla, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community Forums! 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the potential fraud that has been going on with your parents home. 😞 
I will assist you on this and get this looked in to.

I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @Hasbulla, thanks for speaking with us today on the forums! 😇

I'm glad we have been able to assist and on the query brought forward regarding the visit not so long ago.
I'm happy to have given you re-assurance on the matter, as advised we're always here to assist whenever and wherever.

#TeamHasbulla 💸

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hasbulla
On our wavelength

Spot on Ilyas! 

thanks for your help, hope I didn’t upset anyone posting on here, was a struggle getting though on the phone but I knew the award winning social media team would sort it out! 🙌🏻