Menu
Highlighted
Dougiejb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Postmaster failed sending mails

My wife keeps getting emails from postmaster regarding failed sending of messages to a French e-mail address but which is one she doesn't recognise and then has a sent message showing a French address. I believe this was why her mail account was recently suspended. We still have the mails but they have not been open in case someone from security wants to see them.Is there anything I can do to stop this and remove them permanently as I don't want her mail to be suspended again. I assume she has picked up a rogue address through another e-ma that wasn't considered a risk. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Postmaster failed sending mails

Hi there Dougiejb

Thanks for posting on our community forum pages.

We can appreciate that this must be concerning and that you're keen to find a resolution.

We'd recommend taking a look at this thread and following the advise we have posted particularly with regards to changing your password.

We hope this helps. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Dougiejb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the reply but this doesn't help me understand what I can do about the postmaster mail and the mail the system is sending or do you mean if I change the password, this will stop it? 

Thanks
Doug
0 Kudos
Dougiejb
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response but it doesn't help me understand how to deal with the postmaster mail or the message that the a count is trying to send. Should I just delete them or are you saying if I change the password, this will stop the messages being sent? 

Thanks to confirm

Doug

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's likely that SPAM emails are beings sent from your wife's account Doug. Some of these are bouncing back which is resulting in the postmaster failed message.

These can be deleted. 

We would recommend changing the password using our tips for creating a strong password here moving forward. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Dougiejb
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you again. It is possible to identify which message or address is triggering the Spam so it can be removed?

Thanks

Doug

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Dougiejb wrote:

My wife keeps getting emails from postmaster regarding failed sending of messages to a French e-mail address but which is one she doesn't recognise and then has a sent message showing a French address. I believe this was why her mail account was recently suspended. We still have the mails but they have not been open in case someone from security wants to see them.Is there anything I can do to stop this and remove them permanently as I don't want her mail to be suspended again. I assume she has picked up a rogue address through another e-ma that wasn't considered a risk. 

Have a look here to see the difference between your email address being spoofed and being compromised: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-what-is-email-spoofing

There's nothing you can do if your email address is being spoofed.  Email Spoofing does not require access to your email account, it is simply a 3rd party sending an email but changing the ‘From’ address to make it look like it came from you.

If you suspect your email has been compromised follow the instructions provided here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.