cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible scam call?

Jonny04
Joining in

I recently signed up for your services a couple of days ago (I am moving home). Received the contract info but no welcome email yet. Was actually planning on calling today after work when co-incidentally I received a call from what I recognised as a VM number, saying there was an issue with my order due to the previous occupant's registration at that address not expiring till after my move in date (and I do remember that being mentioned when signing up online, without it going into specifics). So fine agreed to go through re-setting up my order over the phone, although in the process ended up being re-asked for a lot of the info I gave when signing up online, including bank account & sort code for the direct debit, although they did know my name, email address and the address of the property I will be moving into.

Was a bit of a blur but afterwards started reading things about phone number spoofing and other posts on here and worried I may have fallen for an elaborate scam, hopefully I'm over-worrying but thought it worthwhile to check.

I was wondering if anyone has had anything similar, or if any staff here would even have the ability to verify whether I was indeed called by you genuinely? Can send details by PM (although I did enter my real name and email address used for registration when signing up here).

2 REPLIES 2

Jonny04
Joining in

Ok panic over, managed to eventually get through to speak to an operator on the customer services line and they did confirm the earlier call was genuine. So was worrying about nothing but can never be too careful I guess.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jonny04,

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to our Forums!

I'm really glad to hear you were able to get in touch with our Customer Service Team and confirm the validity of the number that called you. Fingers crossed you'll be up and running in no time - welcome to the family!

If you have any queries, or concerns, feel free to pop a post onto the Forums and one of our team will be happy to help 🙂

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ