cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Smishing

MBA789
Joining in

I was wondering whether anyone else had received a text message from the number +44 7480 632098 and knows whether it is a scam. 

They were able to correctly relay to me the day when my new kit will be arriving in my home so I was wondering how they got that information. And a quick google search tells me that others believe the number to be a scam as well. 

That being said, no links were included in the message. 

The message sent was: "Hi there. Your new kit will arrive on XXX. Yodel will be in touch with your 2 hour estimated delivery slot on the day." 

2 REPLIES 2

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi well if the information proves to be correct then you know it's not a scam. Regards Micky

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MBA789, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

The message does indeed sound like one that we would send to customers so it does sound like a genuine message. This isn't to say that other people have not received a suspicious text though. 

Be sure to keep yourself safe by making sure you only click on links within messages that you know for sure are genuine. 

If you have any further concerns, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs