cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Scam - Spoofed email address - webteam@virginmedia.com

GeeDee12
Tuning in

Hi. I keep getting emails from webteam@virginmedia.com saying:-

Dear User, your messages will be waitlisted.

Please update yourself to the newest version, so your messages will be delivered to inbox.

Use the link below to update your @ntlworld mail.

Is this genuine? should I click on the confirm link?

Many thanks

Gee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi GeeDee12,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you've received a scam email perpetrating to be from Virgin Media. We know what an inconvenience these emails can be.

As our valued member @goslow has posted a link with all the relevant information regarding the phishing emails circulating, we are sorry that this has reached you.

Please check the link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to-prevent-scams to help prevent any further emails coming to you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

goslow
Alessandro Volta

View the latest 'Phishing News' bulletin here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-05-04-2022/td-p/4980716

Being 'waitlisted' is mentioned in email example 3, so safe to conclude your message is a scam.

Hi GeeDee12,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you've received a scam email perpetrating to be from Virgin Media. We know what an inconvenience these emails can be.

As our valued member @goslow has posted a link with all the relevant information regarding the phishing emails circulating, we are sorry that this has reached you.

Please check the link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to-prevent-scams to help prevent any further emails coming to you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Graham

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an email today from the Virgin Media Web Team stating  "Your Virgin Media engineer appointment - confirmation KMM66986944V6098LOKM".

There was a button to click on to Amend or Confirm the appointment. I had not made an appointment but earlier this morning I'd had problems with my internet and I wondered if I had clicked on a button when checking if there were any problems in my area. I then checked online that an engineer appointment had not been made. I also took a closer look at the email and it said my appointment was for 10/04/22 between 01:00-02:00. I can't see many engineers turning up at that time of the morning. I then knew for sure that it was a scam.

Hi @GeeDee12, thanks a lot for your confirmation and thanks!

You're very welcome and I'll pass on your kind words 🙂
Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tony621, thanks for the message. That reference number is one of ours and it would appear that this is for networks, can you confirm if there is anything wrong with the connection or is it now working fine? - Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem has been sorted.

That's great to hear thank you for letting us know @Anonymous

Should you need any help in the future please do not hesitate to use the forums again and we will do all we can to assist! 

So was it a scam email or not?. I received a similar one the other day and of course they did not show up and I could not see an appointment made on our profile page. We also have had intermittent broadband outages that last from 20 minutes to several hours.