cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call re hacking

Niccol1970
Joining in

This number called me [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

said it was virgin media and that I had been hacked.

they said that I needed to put my landline on speaker phone next to my mobile phone so that they could ‘show me’ what had been hacked

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

2 REPLIES 2

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Niccol1970, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

This certainly sounds like a scam has tried calling you, we would never call our customers advising they had been hacked. Also if we were to contact our customers for anything else it would not be off a number like that.

Just to confirm, have any details been given to this number when you spoke with them?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have asked a moderator to remove the number you have posted.

Scammers do a lot of nasty things, and one of the latest is to clone telephone numbers from legitimate businesses & innocent members of the public that are nothing to do with the scam. Just as with car number plate cloning, it makes them look legitimate, hides their real location (usually India) & therefore makes you think the call might be genuine. As such this is actually an innocent persons personal data & has to be removed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks