cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phising phone call

Stepheninleeds
Rising star

This is not regarding a phishing phone call, but is an issue that should be raised.

The other day I received a phone call, automated, claiming to be from Virgin Media. It said I had exceeded my credit limit & if I did not make an immediate payment I would lose my services.

Of course I knew it was a con. I did not click on the 2 to make a payment. I hung up.

I called VM to tell them. I was told I was over the limit. I have posted on that matter in another forum. I mentioned the call & that it was just likeba phishing call. A call VM claim they would never make, as most companies say. I spoke to two different people who did not seem bothered. It was genuine, did not matter. I felt any call that sounds like a con does matter & should be changed.

Call people, tell them something onlt they & you could know to show it is genuine, with the offer to call back.

If you call like a phishing call most will hang up. How many will then call to verify? Thus, losing their services.

If ever in doubt do not pay, contact the company directly & check.

2 REPLIES 2

Anankha
Problem sorter

I have often advocated that there should be a memorable word for VM to give the customer to authenticate that the call is genuine. 

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Stepheninleeds,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’ve had with phishing calls, please feel free to ask any questions about your account that you would like that only a staff member would know such as your broadband speed, TV package, landline call features or when you last contacted the team.

I will also pass on your feedback to the team about the way that reporting these calls are handled.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L