cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phising email - have reported this to phishing@virginmedia.com

Testpilot
Joining in

Hello <name removed>,

The Intelligent WiFi technology in your Hub has spotted that by making a small change to your Hub settings, you could enjoy faster speeds to any 5G-ready devices at home.

Changing your Hub settings is nice and simple – we’ll do it for you remotely, so there’s nothing you need to do.

And if your WiFi’s ever running slowly or you’re experiencing a problem, take a look at our <link removed> to get back up to speed.

Thanks,

The Virgin Media team

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately it’s real, but one thing that does make it look like phishing is the reference to 5G, a mobile phone technology, when it should really be the 5Ghz WiFi band. You would think that at least they could get technical details correct. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I got this earlier.  I had switched 5Ghz off as all the devices in the house are 2.4Ghz.

The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Testpilot, 

Thanks for your post and we appreciate your concern on whether this is a spam email. 

I can confirm it is a genuine email sent to those customers who are not using the recommended WiFi settings on the hub. You are more than entitled to carry on using your own personal settings if you want though. 

If you're having an issues with your WiFi then these links may help: 

Wi-Fi hints and tips
Wi-Fi troubleshooting

You can also pop a post back here in the community for help and support. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs