cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phishing text or genuine

Baino1
Tuning in

Could someone please confirm if the following number is a genuine one to receive a text from VM please:

+07445576xxx

And more importantly if this is a genuine support number: 08009522xxx

It would be helpful if VM published a list online so that it came up in searches.

[MOD EDIT: number edited in case it's an innocent number being spoofed]

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Support number is 0345 454 1111

You cannot rely on any number displayed but caller-id, the numbers are so easy to spoof. So do not ever assume who is calling you.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks, at this point I'd like to know if that specific 0800 number is genuine. It ends 276.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Baino1 wrote:

Could someone please confirm if the following number is a genuine one to receive a text from VM please:

+07445576xxx

And more importantly if this is a genuine support number: 08009522xxx

It would be helpful if VM published a list online so that it came up in searches.

Not a lot of use as:

1) These mobile calls/texts are usually from technicians, of which VM has thousands.

2) It gives the scammers a list of numbers they can easily clone to make scam calls that make innocent customers like you think they are genuine.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

H there Baino1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Can I ask regarding this, what were the calls regarding?

As @nodrogd advised, potentially the 07 number could be a technicians number.

Let us know,

Kain

Thanks, regarding a home move. Called the number in the text without thinking. The move date in the text was correct so I think it's fine. Just surprisingly hard to confirm. Chatgpt thinks it's legit 😄 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Baino1,

Thanks for coming back to us. If the information in the text was correct, then this was most likely one of our technicians providing the information. 🙂

If you do have any queries about your home move, please get in touch by calling our team on 150/ 03454541111 for further assistance.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs