Menu
Highlighted
miggiwoo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Persistent marketing calls.

Is anybody else getting a huge volume of Virgin marketing calls lately?

I pay for sim only for my Mum and have for years but she is getting around 3/4 calls from the 0800 number every day. I have told her not to answer them.

Her preferences have always been set to no communications but still it happens. 

I have had a couple of calls today from the same number but, when I answer to tell them what I think of them, they hang up without answering. My preferences have always been set to no communication as well, but it's a complete waste.

I can say the same thing about the sim I took out for my 10 Year old Daughter but I have told her not to answer calls to this number. 

I have opened a case with Resolver about a Month ago but have had no correspondence with them. 

I feel so angry and frustrated by it all. 

I left Virgin Media last month after 20+ Years as I had enough of the poor service. 

0 Kudos
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Persistent marketing calls.

Add the number to block? Or if the phone hasn't got that block feature you can try add a new contact, input that number then select it to forward calls to answer machine, disable the phones answer machine, any calls from that number goto a nice telephonic abyss.

I got about 40 different annoyance/auto diallers/spam numbers added into 1 contact listed as "Z Blocked" that never bother me after being set to "send to answer machine" which is off, lolSmiley Very Happy

Sololobo
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Persistent marketing calls.

@miggiwoo wrote:

Is anybody else getting a huge volume of Virgin marketing calls lately?

I pay for sim only for my Mum and have for years but she is getting around 3/4 calls from the 0800 number every day. I have told her not to answer them.

Her preferences have always been set to no communications but still it happens. 

I have had a couple of calls today from the same number but, when I answer to tell them what I think of them, they hang up without answering. My preferences have always been set to no communication as well, but it's a complete waste.

The next time they call, inform them that you are exercising your right under GDPR Article 21 to be removed from all forms of direct marketing. https://gdpr-info.eu/art-21-gdpr/

ico guidance states the following:- 

The GDPR does not specify how to make a valid objection. Therefore, an objection to processing can be made verbally or in writing. It can also be made to any part of your organisation and does not have to be to a specific person or contact point.

I can say the same thing about the sim I took out for my 10 Year old Daughter but I have told her not to answer calls to this number. 

I have opened a case with Resolver about a Month ago but have had no correspondence with them. 

I feel so angry and frustrated by it all. 

I left Virgin Media last month after 20+ Years as I had enough of the poor service. 

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.