cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password changes

B2
Joining in

I think someone has stollen the factory password printed on the label on my router. They are able to bypass my apps network security. I have tried to reset the router to the factory mode, but they still able to log in since the password is still the same. How can I change this password 

5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey B2, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear someone has got hold of your password. 

Is this someone like a neighbour, friend / flatmate? 

All password are unique and the only way they could of got this is by being given one.

You can change the password and name for your router if you wish by logging into the hubs settings.

All the information you need for this will be at the bottom of the hub.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt 

Thanks for trying to help, but it is the information at the bottom of the box that I think has been stolen. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@B2 wrote:

Thanks for trying to help, but it is the information at the bottom of the box that I think has been stolen. 

As Matthew_ML previously stated these default / factory settings can be changed:

• firstly, backup your current Hub settings by selecting Admin > Reload and Reboot > Backup and follow instructions; remember to store the file created somewhere safe and accessible; to restore saved settings select Admin > Reload and Reboot > Select file, choose file previously saved, and then select Reload
  • to change the password used to access your Hub's settings: select Admin > Change Password and follow instructions
  • to change Wi-Fi passwords: go to Advanced settings > Wireless > Security and amend the WiFi password (security key)
    Remember to update devices with new Wi-Fi password

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thank you. I will try it. 

Hey B2, thank you for reaching back out.

Did any of the advice above help, did you manage to get this changed? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?