cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password change

Gem66
Joining in

On Feb 6th I received an email saying my Virgin password had been successfully changed even though I hadn't changed it. I then couldn't get access to my ntlworld emails. What is going on? I have now changed my password o the My Virgin Media website and about 40 undelivered emails came through! Have ntlworld emails been hacked? Why is Virgin mot telling anyone?

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gem66,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

We're sorry to hear that your email account may have been compromised. This would be an individual case if your account has been accessed, as we've not received other reports from customers who are experiencing the same problem.

I'm pleased to hear you've been able to reset your password and regain access. This would kick out any other potential users with access to the account. We'd also recommend changing your security questions within your My Virgin Media account too, and running anti virus software on your devices.

If you do have any other concerns or questions, please just let us know. We're here to help

Beth

Gem66
Joining in

The problem was I had a message on the 6th of February saying that I had successfully changed my password when I hadn't even been into my account! Yes, I have updated it now but does the message on the 6th of Feb mean that someone had hacked/tried to hack my account ? Because after that I couldn't receive or send emails or sync anything until I went in recently and changed my password myself. 

Thanks for coming back to us Gem66, I have looked into this on our system and no suspicious activity has been logged on your account. 

Please could you look through the link here to ensure that your account and devices are secure.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L