cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook keeps requesting passwords on Android mobile

Joining in

Outlook keeps requesting passwords on Android mobile when I move from my home Virgin WiFi and go mobile. I'm using a Sky sim. The passwords work fine as does email once reentered into the Outlook settings. It's just very annoying. It used to work fine. I have a number of email accounts and it is just the Virgin ntlworld.com one that asks for the password. I'm using latest outlook client on the latest Android. O have tried clearing the Outlook cache

Anyone help please?

11 REPLIES 11

Anankha
Problem sorter

Are you using the virginmedia server setting with your NTLWorld email on the mobile?
imap.virginmedia.com
SSL yes
Port 993
smtp.virginmedia.com
SSL yes
Port 465

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Yes, those are the settings I have but still getting the problem

Are you still a Virginmedia broadband customer?
Have you tried deleting the account & creating it again?
Did you allow the phone to setup the account automatically or did you enter the details?

Yes still have virginmedia broadband.

I tried auto setup and manual and deleting the account. It works fine once the password re-entered so assume settings correct

Which app are you using on the Android phone?
Is SSL enabled?

I'm using the latest Outlook. SSL enabled. It works fine one the passwords re-entered. 

Hi 525047

That's good to hear it's all okay now 

Should you need anything else at all, please let us know 

Gareth_L

Is the problem resolved when you re-enter the password? Does the problem return after a while?

Yes, when both passwords re-entered it works fine. It's just when I leave home and go mobile it pops up randomly or on returning home. Very random and not every time.