Menu
bw41101
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

OpenVpn - blocking???

Greetings all;

As a Linux Mint user, I use OpenVpn to manage my internet connection. I use this method, as I can connect to my VPN provider (Surfshark) without having to use a browser, I.e. for my system protection. In addition, when I open a browser, I know that the VPN is active, I.e. I don't have to log on via a browser app - which has worked without any problems for many months.

However (all of a sudden), now when I open any of my browsers, I'm unable to open any website and I have to revert to disengaging the VPN access links within my network manager to get access to websites, I.e. direct without OpenVpn?

This being the case, could I ask those of you who are using OpenVpn (in the same manner as myself) as to whether you are experiencing the same issue? I get the feeling that VM has blocked access to OpenVpn - but I cannot be sure and I'd like to know whether others are in the same boat, before I start tinkering with my system.

All constructive responses would be appreciated.

Cheers

bw41101

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: OpenVpn - blocking???

apcyberax_0-1612133201515.png

Works fine for me.

VM do not block vpn

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos