cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old ntlworld email account hacked - it needs deleting

Sadie99
Joining in

I left virgin media a couple of years ago and over the weekend I have discovered that my old email account is still active. I thought it would be deleted after 90 days. 

It has been hacked so I now need to get it deleted. Can anyone help please ? 

4 REPLIES 4

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sadie99 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear that your older email account you had with us has been hacked and not deleted yet. Just to confirm you do not need to make any arrangements within the email to save or sort emails? These will be completely deleted and irretrievable once we request the mailbox to be fully removed.

Please let us know when you are fully prepare for us to make this request and we'll bring you into private message via a request to start this process for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carly,

Please remove this old mailbox as I do not need any of the emails.

Very concerned by this and it has caused me a load of hassle.  

I realise I am not a virgin media customer now, but I was for many years and they have not safe-guarded my data re Privacy and Data Protection Laws.

Thanks Sadie 

Certainly @Sadie99 

I'll get this requested for you. Please join me on private message so I can collect the information needed. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @Sadie99

I have now raised this and requested the team to remove and fully delete the email. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley