cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old blueyonder email account hacked

Grahamdodgson
Tuning in

My wife’s old email account has been hacked and we are not customers anymore. Need the account deleting. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Grahamdodgson wrote:

We terminated service over 6 years ago as you don't supply to our new address. I no longer have signon details but can answer any security questions you wish to ask.

How can I contact you?

VM is not very reliable at deleting email accounts when customers leave.

You will need to wait for one of the VM forum team to reply here on this topic. The VM forum team are employees of VM. Alongside their forum name you will see the VM infinity logo and it will say 'Forum Team' beneath their name. Other contributors on here are ordinary forum users (usually VM customers).

One of the VM forum team will take your details via private message and will arrange deletion of the email account.

You should not post any personal info on the public forum and should only provide your personal info via private message to VM forum team members with the above VM credentials.

One of the VM forum team should reply here within a day or two and help you get the email account deleted.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Portery
Fibre optic

The email gets deleted 90 days after when u terminated ur services but if you want to delete it sooner you can call customer service to request to be deleted quicker but it would have to be main account holder and pass security for the request to be completed asap.

We terminated service over 6 years ago as you don't supply to our new address. I no longer have signon details but can answer any security questions you wish to ask.

How can I contact you?

@Grahamdodgson wrote:

How can I contact you?

VM is not very reliable at deleting email accounts when customers leave.

You will need to wait for one of the VM forum team to reply here on this topic. The VM forum team are employees of VM. Alongside their forum name you will see the VM infinity logo and it will say 'Forum Team' beneath their name. Other contributors on here are ordinary forum users (usually VM customers).

One of the VM forum team will take your details via private message and will arrange deletion of the email account.

You should not post any personal info on the public forum and should only provide your personal info via private message to VM forum team members with the above VM credentials.

One of the VM forum team should reply here within a day or two and help you get the email account deleted.

Hi Grahamdodgson,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We apologise that you email account was not terminated when you disconnect from our services, this normally happens after 90 days, but unfortunately some emails stay active. 

I will pop you over a private email to take some details and get this deleted for you. Please click on the purple envelope t accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Many thanks I have sent a PM to you with all the details I have. The account seems to being used to create instagram accounts and tried to take control of my wife's facebook account. The hacker is wanting money to cease his activities but I think if you delete the account this should stop.

I am in the same position. Can someone contact me please to resolve. Thanks 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PK1528hk,

Thanks for raising this and welcome back to the community.

Many apologies, so we can get this resolved I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the envelope icon at the top right hand side of the forum page.

Regards,

Kain