cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OX APP Suite Virus?

Kaynine70
Tuning in

Hi, every time I try to log on to Virgin Media mail, I get directed to the OX App Suite to enter my log on details. Is this app a virus?

My operating system is Windows 11 and up to today, I've never encountered this OX APP Suite log on page until today.

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is often caused by a corrupt cookie or browser history entry.  The clearing the browser history and deleting any cookies relating to Virgin Media Mail to see if this resolves it.

You could also determine if it is the above by signing in via a different browser or by using a private or incognito window in your existing browser.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham_A, cleared cookies, all sorted now until the next time, lol.

Regards

Kaynine70

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kaynine70  Good news. 

As a bit of background info the VM Mail webmail system runs on the OX APP suite but the sign in page should take you to the VM single sign on (SSO) page.  As I understand it this is the bit that occasionally goes wrong when a cookie corrupts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham,

The Ox App Suite virus has returned with a vengeance..

When I log on to Virgin Media email and attempt to read any or delete any emails, it reset's back to the main email page.

It takes around two or three attempts of clicking on the email to either read or delete it. 

If I am composing a email, the composed email disappears and when the screen comes back on again, the composed email can be found in the drafts folder. As soon as I try to edit the email, the same thing happens again. 

Virgin Media need to get their email programme working correctly, as this is no use to anyone if they are trying to compose a long email.

Regards

Kaynine70

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kaynine70,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. Please can you confirm you have cleared your cookies and cache?

What browser are you using?

Zoie

Hi, 

All cookies and cache have been cleared, 

My operating system is Windows 11 and my browser is Edge.

Regards

Kaynine70

Thanks for confirming the info Jaynine70, do you still get this when using incognito mode or another browser?

Rob

Hi Rob,

I don't use another browser, and it's still happening.

In fact, when I'm replying to any email, the email shuts down and restarts again, but, I've lost the previous reply and have to start all over again.

Regards

Kaynine70

Can you try this please as it has been advised earlier in the thread as a possible fix or way to narrow down the cause of the issue. 

Rob