cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email hacked

K-D-1
Joining in

Hi, please can anyone help?During the past few days, I have been receiving emails (including the usual one regarding hacking your pc, we've watched you enjoy adult sites, we have your email and password etc), and also texts, where 'hacker' has been trying to reset passwords etc from various sites.. My Ntlworld email is still in use and they have the password to the account, I haven't been customers of VM for coming up to 8 years, but the Ntlworld email account wasn't deleted.

I tried to change the password on VM site yesterday but it says no username found.
I've been in contact with VM customer services but they can’t access the account either.

I can still access emails and I’ve sent one to myself so the account is still active.

I want the old email account deleting ASAP. Any help please?

Thanks

Kathryn 

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @K-D-1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your former NTL world email account. 

I can get this looked into further and deleted for you but I would need to take a few details via private message to get this actioned. I will drop the messages over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @K-D-1

I have now raised this with our support team and I will get back to you as soon as I have any further updates.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks 

We will be back in touch as soon as we can with an update K-D-1

Gareth_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome @K-D-1 and please let us know if you have any further issues. ^SL

Britttilling
Joining in

Hi!

im getting the exact same message and sign up for accounts.

I have tried calling virgin multiple times over the last few days and have been fobbed off. 

Please can someone urgently help me regain access to my emails so that I can get it locked and secured and stop this hack, I would also like to change the email on my virgin account and delete the ntlworld one.

Hey @Britttilling, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the email and the breach of this.
I will assist you on this and get you the help needed.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs