cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email hacked - reset password

MichelleShay26
Tuning in

Hi,

My ntlworld email has been hacked, and I can't access my emails anymore.

Please could I get assistance with resetting the password?

Kind regards

Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MichelleShay26 wrote:

Have you tried resetting the password yourself? Go here  https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password and enter you email address in the Username field. Then follow the prompts.

Once you have regained access to the account you must follow all the steps set out here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked to secure your account.

if that does not work, one of the Forum Team (VM employees) who support the forum will be able to take a look for you. They should pick up your post in the next day or so.

If you are an existing VM Broadband customer they will be able to sort it out. Unfortunately,  if your  Ntlworld email account is no longer linked to a live VM Broadband account all they will be able to do is to delete the email account to protect it from being hacked.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MichelleShay26 wrote:

Have you tried resetting the password yourself? Go here  https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password and enter you email address in the Username field. Then follow the prompts.

Once you have regained access to the account you must follow all the steps set out here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked to secure your account.

if that does not work, one of the Forum Team (VM employees) who support the forum will be able to take a look for you. They should pick up your post in the next day or so.

If you are an existing VM Broadband customer they will be able to sort it out. Unfortunately,  if your  Ntlworld email account is no longer linked to a live VM Broadband account all they will be able to do is to delete the email account to protect it from being hacked.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Hi Coenoby,

Thanks so much for responding with advice on what to do.

Based on what you said, I will have to request the Virgin team to close this account as I've tried to reset the password, and still can't access my emails.

Thanks,

Michelle

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MichelleShay26 wrote:

Thanks so much for responding with advice on what to do.

Based on what you said, I will have to request the Virgin team to close this account as I've tried to reset the password, and still can't access my emails.

Thanks for coming back with that update. Sorry you could not re-enable the account yourself.

Just a tip for you. When the Team confirm that the account has been deleted I would suggest you send a test email to the address. You should get an error message back straight away saying that the message could not be delivered because the address does not exist.

Just occasionally the deletion process does not fully complete but doing that check will allow you to confirm that the deletion process has completed.😉

Coenoby

Hi MichelleShay26, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Email looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I am afraid the only way forward with this issue would be for us to delete the email from our servers due to the hack. I am sorry if this comes with some inconvenience for you.

I will be happy to get this sorted for you now, I'll need to gather some further info from you in a PM before I can go ahead with the deletion, which I will send over now.

Speak to you soon.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan,

Thanks so much, I have replied to you.

No worries, I'm happy for it to be deleted.

Kind regards,

Michelle

Hi MichelleShay26, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I have now raised the IT ticket and it should be completed within 24 hours 🙂

If you want to check if this has been successful, you can use this website to see if the email is still active or not - Email Checker.

Just for future issues with your email and for any other users that are looking at this thread for help, I have a few links below that might help with general issues - 

• We have a super helpful webpage here for when you feel like your email has been hacked - Hacked Email, What to do Next?
  • We also have a good section for faults on our website here - Help Website - it will give you flows for diagnosing and rectifying faults on a multitude of aspects. A really good link to bookmark!  

Thanks,

Megan_L

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Megan_L

Thanks for the useful links in your post, great idea.  👍  Unfortunately you did not make  " - Help Website - " a link.  Can you add that please?

Regards

Coenoby

Whoopsie! Thanks for pointing that out for me @coenoby

Should be added in now 🙂 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Coenoby,

Thanks so much for this, you've been very helpful 🙂 I appreciate it!

Thanks,
Michelle