cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No one at Virgin media can give me an answer!

paris
Dialled in

Have logged into my account and get someone else’s name “ JACKIE” as if signed in.

paris_0-1636634561958.jpeg

Go to click on it and it comes up 

paris_1-1636634583578.jpeg

Have gone in and changed contact email address and password but still it comes up when I log in!

12 REPLIES 12

PTR21
Joining in

I’m having exactly the same problem. Like you I have also changed login details to no avail!,

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A similar issue was raised last week here VM don't take security seriously, by @JPL8; issue has been flagged to the forum team, be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @paris,

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@PTR21,

Are you also seeing the name "Jackie" appearing as the original poster, and in the same fashion as the link highlighted in the thread? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I can confirm that's exactly the same issue I'm having. I reported the issue in to VM 12 days ago, first by WhatsApp and phone and on this forum. So far it's been dismissed by three different VM staff as a "glitch". One even called me "Jackie"!

No one can at VM can give me answer, either. Hopefully the more people that report this in to VM will force them to take this seriously. Right now, I have no idea how secure my account is. I've reported them to the Information Commissioner's Office.

Thanks to 用心棒 for copying me in to this. Seems incredible that the people I'm paying to take care of my account are unhelpful and disengaged, whilst the unpaid community volunteers are helpful and proactive.

IMG_3745_edit.png

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JPL8 wrote:

Thanks to 用心棒 for copying me in to this. Seems incredible that the people I'm paying to take care of my account are unhelpful and disengaged, whilst the unpaid community volunteers are helpful and proactive.

IMHO it is unfortunate that the good work by the forum team earlier in raising a ticket for this issue has been let down by its processing elsewhere.

The forum team didn't raise the ticket. It was raised at some point during 6 hours of wrangling with VM support on WhatsApp and telephone last Sunday evening and Monday morning. 

I posted about it here because the promised 3-5 day resolution and follow-up call never happened. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My mistake; thanks for explaining.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Yes ‘Jackie’ in exactly the same position.

Kind Regards

ptr21